Randy Ostrander Real Estate on Page http://www.bigrapidshomes.com/find-real-estate/ Home Buyers United States Real Estate
10 Must Do's When in Big Rapids Searching for your New Home!!
Located about 50 miles North of Grand Rapids, Mi just off Exit 139 on US131 lies a great place to live. You call it Big Rapids, I call it home. If you ever are in the Big Rapids area there are a number of ways to spend a day. One of my favorites is looking at houses with me. lol. Ok for some that may not be on your agenda, so here is a list of 10 things you must do when visiting Big Rapids:
1. Check out our Riverwalk. You can spend a few minutes or pretty much an entire afternoon walking Riverwalk. Starts at Maple Street Bridge and goes over 2 1/2 miles of paved walk paths along the Muskegon River and even includes a wooden bridge spanning the Muskegon River. Ends at Northend Riverside Park which is our number #2 of must do's.
2. Find a hidden treasure. Way out to the end of Fourth Street lies Northend Riverside Park. Besides your usual picnic area with pavilions there is a children's playground, volley ball and horseshoe pits as well as an 18 hole disc golf course and a fishing pier. A must do indeed.
3. Tour the Michigan Artwalk on the Ferris Campus. This is a great way to spend an afternoon. There are over 25 pieces of artwork on the tour with renown artists like Robert Barnum showing their masterpieces.
4. If you have an extra bit of time try the driving range or a round of golf at Katke Golf Course, Clear Lake Golf Club or Falconhead Golf Club. Excellent courses and open to the public. Enjoy walking the courses or if in a time crunch, grab a cart and take in the beauty.
5. One of the most visited areas in Big Rapids has to be Hemlock Park. Softball diamond, tennis courts and PlayScape for the kids all set on the banks of the Muskegon River. Whether just looking for a place to unwind or read a book while working on your tan, this is a great place to hang. What an awesome way to spend the day.
6. Speaking of the Muskegon River, a day of tubing is just what the doctor ordered to help relax. Hundreds (sometimes thousands) of people hit the water every day in the summer for the ultimate river venture.
7. When you are checking out Ferris State University you should take a tour of the Card Wildlife Center where you can see up close around 180 wildlife specimens in the 5,000 sq ft building.
8. While Downtown stop into one of our restaurants for lunch. We are blessed with severl options. We have the Blue Cow, Schuberg's Bar, Nawal's Mediterranean and our newest hot spot, The Raven Brewery and BBQ. Excellent combo of Southern BBQ and craft beer.
9. While downtown the Old Pioneer Emporium is probably a must do also. Featuring Kilwin's candies and fudges and an amazing selection of gift ideas. One side is devoted to Christmas year round with unique ornaments hanging snuggly in trees. Carlleen and Brian Rose have done a great job and will make you feel like you are one of the gang from the second you walk in.
10. I may have saved the best for last. You must see the remodel at ArtWorks downtown. Featuring a lot of local artists in the Painted Turtle along with a dance studio and several classes offered for those feeling their artsy side.
If you need help finding any of the above feel free to give me a call and I will guide you in from wherever you are. I truly hope you enjoy Big Rapids as much as I do.
As always if you think the Big Rapids area is a place you would like to live give us a call (231) 796-5253 and we will help you find a house so the Big Rapids area can be your home too. Thanks for reading.